[kaffe] Winstone Servlet Container runs on Kaffe

jserv at linux2.cc.ntu.edu.tw jserv at linux2.cc.ntu.edu.tw
Sun Jan 30 06:15:02 PST 2005

Hi all,

  I am glad to inform you that Winstone Servlet Container[1] now
runs on Kaffe smoothly without any modifications. The Kaffe version
I tested is 2004-01-29 cvs checkout, and it works for Winstone 0.6.4
in GNU/Debian Linux.

  Winstone is a servlet container that was written out of a desire to
provide servlet functionality without the bloat that full J2EE
compliance introduces. It is not intended to be a completely fully
functional J2EE style servlet container.

  The goad of Winston looks friendly to Kaffe, and I am going to adapt
Winstone as my personal usage JSP/Servlet container, which works all
the time. :-)

  However, winstone was developed in Win32, and I provide my shell
script to launch Winstone with Kaffe in the attachment.

cheers,
Jim Huang

[1] http://winstone.sourceforge.net/