[kaffe] PS2 Linux FAQ Update (FAQ.ps2linux)

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Mon Jan 31 11:43:42 PST 2005

Patryk Laurent wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Patryk!

> Here is an updated and corrected version of the PS2Linux building FAQ.

Thanks! I've checked it in.

> My PS2 has been building from Kaffe CVS for the past few hours -- will let you how it turns out.
> I don't remember offhand how long it took to build the 1.1.4 on the PS2, but the CVS version
> definitely takes over 12 hours.  =)   I think the 1.1.4 build was shorter...  I may build it
> again just to get that piece of information.
>
> So far, I see a bunch of "Semantic Warning" messages.

Chances are that your box is having a good time swapping during the
class library build. Current class library CVS takes 200+ megs to
compile with jikes on x86-linux, chances are it's similar on ps2.

that would also explain why all you see are warnings from jikes
(Semantic Warnings).

I've put an up-to-cvs-head-of-the-moment precompiled for your
convenience online at http://www.kaffe.org/~robilad/rt.jar . Could you
try building with it using
--with-rt-jar=/absolute/path/to/where/you/put/the/rt.jar
in the configure line? that should save your box from swapping to death :)

I'm looking forward to hear how CVS does on ps2linux these days.