[kaffe] libkaffevm-1.1.5.so contains text relocation

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Tue Jul 12 06:40:14 PDT 2005

Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> Hello!
>
> The shared libkaffevm-1.1.5.so contains text relocation on x86. This is
> caused by trampolines.S assembler code not being PIC compliant.

Hallo Peter,

sorry for the late reply.

I've looked into it, being prompted by linking failures with jit on
darwin, which occurs due to trampolines.S not being PIC compliant
either. I assume that the SELinux problems I saw with fedora core 4 also
were due to trampolines.S not being PIC compliant and leading to SELinux
slapping the linker on the fingers.

I'd appreciate patches to fix that for x86 and other architectures, if
possible. I have been told by Andrew Haley and Andrew Pinski to check
out libffi closures for example code from libffi how such things were
implemented there.