[kaffe] Build with configure --with-staticvm --with-staticlib fails

Wolfgang Baer WBaer at gmx.de
Tue Jul 12 06:50:27 PDT 2005

Hi Dalibor,

Dalibor Topic wrote:
> Wolfgang Baer wrote:
[...]
> I'd recommend against packaging a CVS snapshot (unless it should go for
> exprimental), as jvw and vorlon didn't really want to have CVS snaps in
> the archives. If you want to package a CVs snap, I could make dist a
> 1.1.6-pre1 for you. I'd rather say let's try to stabilize things over
> the week, and push a new release out soon, fixing a few more of the bugs
> pointed out by debian users on the way.

Well that would be perfectly fine for me. So I will prepare all the
necessary packaging changes the next days. And then wait for a new
release ...

I will provide you this evening with a summary of the debian bugs which
are already fixed in current kaffe cvs / open / fixed in classpath cvs.

Experimental is autobuild these days so there would be a possibility
to upload a 1.1.6-pre1 package to experimental to get the build logs to
be sure an unstable upload of 1.1.6 will build on all arches.

What do you think ? I don't know if you can test building all the
archs another way.

>>/usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so -lXtst ../../kaffe/kaffevm/.libs/libkaffevm.a
>>-ldl -lm ../../replace/.libs/libreplace.a
>>../../libraries/clib/awt/classpath-gtk/gtk-peer/.libs/libgtkpeer.a(libgtkpeer_la-gnu_java_awt_peer_gtk_GtkTextAreaPeer.o)(.text+0x2bd):
>>In function `Java_gnu_java_awt_peer_gtk_GtkTextAreaPeer_insert':
>>/home/wbaer/kaffe/libraries/clib/awt/classpath-gtk/gtk-peer/gnu_java_awt_peer_gtk_GtkTextAreaPeer.c:127:
>>undefined reference to `TEXT_FROM_SW'
>>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>>rm -f .libs/kaffe-binS.o
>

> thank you very much for the bug report, I turned out to have forgotten
> to sync the missing hunk from fitzsim's changes to TextAreaPeer to
> kaffe. I am sorry for the inconvenience. My resyncing script noted that
> it sould not apply a hunk of the patch, and I had not gotten around to
> looking into what caused it. Fixed now in CVS head.

No problem - thanks,

Wolfgang