[kaffe] Re: request for switching to subversion

Jim Pick jim at kaffe.org
Fri Jun 3 12:46:58 PDT 2005

Riccardo wrote:
> Hey,
>
>>So now, I'm posting publically.  What do all the existing developers
>>think about switching?

I'm all for switching, if it doesn't inconvenience anyone.

Some people might have a whole bunch of changes in their working tree
that haven't been checked in yet.

> I'm fine with CVS and I'd really hate to install svn on all my strange
> boxes. CVS is very proven and portable. Maybe it is possible to get CVS
> in "read only" export? I don't even have commit access.

That might be possible, I see a howto here:

http://sam.zoy.org/writings/programming/svn2cvs.html

I've been using svn for my own personal repository of stuff for about 2
years, and I've been quite happy with it.

It would take some time to prototype this, but I'm willing to do the
work.  I think I'd like to set up a single-purpose Xen session on my new
server to host it.

In particular, it would be nice to get rid of the cvs2ps-based email
script I made, since that's pretty buggy and incomplete.  :-)

Cheers,

  - Jim