[kaffe] Porting Kaffe-1.1.4 on mips lx4189

HIRO qualcomm_cdma_tech at yahoo.co.jp
Sat Jun 11 05:21:10 PDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I'm always trying to use Kaffe 1.1.4 but it's seems to be impossible to run
it on a Lexra Mips lx4189 processor.

kaffe compile ok with:

./configure --target=mips-linux --host=mips-linux --build=i386
--prefix=/usr/local/kaffe --program-prefix=mips-kaffe-
--enable-shared --disable-static --disable-gcj --enable-debug
--disable-mips2 --disable-alsatest --disable-esdtest --disable-sound
--disable-xprofiling --disable-xdebugging --disable-feedback
--disable-nls --without-jikes --without-profiling --without-stats
--without-x --without-awt --without-alsa --without-esd
--with-threads=unix-jthreads
--with-engine=intrp --enable-pure-java-math

I would like to run OSGI but if a simple class doesn't work...
It gives me the following error at the rate once every about five times.
It tries to execute the instruction not supported in lx4189.

# java Test01
unknown instruction executed at 2ad9eff8
unknown instruction executed at 2ad9eff8
unknown instruction executed at 2ad9eff8
unknown instruction executed at 2ad9eff8
unknown instruction executed at 2ad9eff8
  :
  :
The message displays it continuously.

It failed as shown the following occasionally.

# java Test01
Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
java/lang/Error: Unexpected problems with default encoder
        at java.lang.VMThrowable.fillInStackTrace(VMThrowable.java:native)
        at java.lang.VMThrowable.fillInStackTrace(VMThrowable.java:76)
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Throwable.java:492)
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:161)
        at java.lang.Error.<init>(Error.java:81)
        at gnu.java.io.EncodingManager.getEncoder(EncodingManager.java:387)
        at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.<init>(OutputStreamWriter.java:114)
        at java.io.PrintWriter.<init>(PrintWriter.java:121)
        at java.io.PrintWriter.<init>(PrintWriter.java:137)
        at java.io.PrintStream.<init>(PrintStream.java:111)
        at java.lang.System.<clinit>(System.java:49)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.<init>(ClassLoader.java:114)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.<init>(ClassLoader.java:110)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.<init>(SecureClassLoader.java:23)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.<init>(URLClassLoader.java:541)
        at kaffe.lang.AppClassLoader.<init>(AppClassLoader.java:239)
        at kaffe.lang.AppClassLoader.<clinit>(AppClassLoader.java:38)
Aborted

does any body have an idea about it?