[kaffe] Re: Testresults i386 jit

Wolfgang Baer WBaer at gmx.de
Mon Jun 27 12:23:50 PDT 2005

Riccardo wrote:
> Hey,
>

>>here are testresults for i386 (Pentium-M) jit for
>>todays kaffe cvs:
>
> you should mention your OS too!

sorry - Linux / 2.6.11

>>1 Test failed: SoTimeout.java
>>
>>However, I also run the tests during high load (synchronization
>>of my laptop with my pc at work - high disk/network load) and
>>there additionally
>>
>>InetSocketAddressTest.java and
>>WaitTest.java failed
>

> I couldn't reproduce your problems. Here on linux 2.6.11 / Gentoo, all
> tests pass, I tried increasing also the cpu load, but all tests continue
> to pass.

Well, just rerun the tests once more - SoTimeout.java still fails.

Success 1.
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Accept timed out
    at gnu.java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAccept
(PlainSocketImpl.java:native)
    at gnu.java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept (PlainSocketImpl.java:82)
    at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept (ServerSocket.java:370)
    at java.net.ServerSocket.accept (ServerSocket.java:325)
    at SoTimeout.main (SoTimeout.java:60)
Failure:   Time out.

For the highload situtation: I will retry the tests next time when
I synchronize my computers in a week or so and report back.

Wolfgang