[kaffe] kaffe 1.1.4 problem re: Object class

John Murphy pro_xy at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 07:56:09 PST 2005

Hi, I have compiled and installed kaffe and everything
seemed to be running smoothly until I tried to run a
very basic "hello world" java program.

When I did, I got the error:

"Couldn't find or load essential class
`java/lang/Object' java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
java/lang/Object
Aborted"

I have been stuck on this for a number of hours, and
internet searches haven't yielded any results. I'm
sure the solution to the problem is quite simple, but
I just haven't been able to see it yet.

Any help with how to resolve this situation would be
appreciated.

Thank you.

john murphy