[kaffe] rt.jar replace to run OpenORB on kaffe1.1.4

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Fri Mar 11 13:28:48 PST 2005

takahiro tokui wrote:
> Hi

Konnichiwa Takahiro!

> Now I use kaffe-1.1.4 on sh4-linux board.
> & I succeeded in using JacORB1_3_30(CORBA_JAVA) on kaffe.

Cool!

> But JacORB1_3_30 hava a serious memory leak bug , so I want to
> use OpenORB-1.3.1 on kaffe1.1.4.

Ouch. Could you try JacORB 2.2? It's the latest JacORB version around.

> Sadly OpenORB was not running on kaffe1.1.4 as sun's j2sdk1.4 was.
> CLASSPATH is same as j2sdk1.4 so not seem to be problem.
>
> Command:
> # java -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBClass=org.openorb.CORBA.ORB \
> -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass=org.openorb.CORBA.ORBSingleton Server
>
> Message:
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org/openorb/CORBA/ORB
>    at java.lang.Class.forName (Class.java)
>    at java.lang.Class.forName (Class.java:44)
>    at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.create (ORB.java:94)
>    at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init (ORB.java:63)
>    at Server.main (Server.java:22)
> org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: Could not instantiate ORB implementation: org.openorb.CORBA.ORB
>    at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.create (ORB.java:99)
>    at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init (ORB.java:63)
>    at Server.main (Server.java:22)
>
> So I tried OpenORB on kaffe1.1.x-cvs, server program seems to run
> without ClassNotFoundException. (same environment)
> But when client program run ,kaffe-bin process sleeped & no reaction.

Thanks for the bug report. Which version of OpenORB is that? How do I
run the client?

> Next challenge for me is to use rt.jar from 1.1.x-cvs to 1.1.4 & use OpenORB.
>
> Isn't there anything good idea to replace rt.jar ?

That won't work, I fear, as some native method signatures have changed
in the course of merge with GNU Classpath. You may have more luck if you
replaced both native and java code at once.

> Or Is there a good method to run OpenORB on kaffe-1.1.4 ?

It's probably some bizarre bug. I'd prefer to fix it on CVS head,
though, as 1.1.5 is coming soon.