[kaffe] Re: Assertion failture SORRY !

Arnaud Vandyck avdyk at ressource-toi.org
Thu Mar 17 14:05:17 PST 2005

Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:57:01 -0500,
Barry Hawkins <barry at alltc.com> wrote:

Hi Barry, Hi list

> Dalibor Topic wrote:
> [...]
> | Great! thanks for the success report. I'm trying to sort out some
> | problems Arnaud has seen with relinking in his build and then a new
> | package can go into debian.
> [...]
> I posted my working tarball for Arnaud to download, so hopefully that
> will help things.

Helas, it did not work for me :'(

Can you try to build the latest kaffe with the debian package?

$ apt-get source kaffe
# apt-get build-dep kaffe
# apt-get install devscripts dpkg-dev fakeroot
$ cd kaffe-1.1.4.PRECVS8
$ cvs -q -z9 -d:pserver:readonly at cvs.kaffe.org:/cvs/kaffe \
co -d kaffe-1.1.4.PRECVS8 -P kaffe
$ tar zcf kaffe-1.1.4.PRECVS8.tar.gz kaffe-1.1.4.PRECVS8
$ rm -r kaffe-1.1.4.PRECVS8
$ cd ..
$ tar zcf kaffe_1.1.4.PRECVS8.orig.tar.gz --exclude debian \
kaffe-1.1.4.PRECVS8
$ cd kaffe-1.1.4.PRECVS8
$ debuild -rfakeroot -uc -us
$ cd build/pthreads
$ make check

Thanks to post the result (you can also try with jthreads).

Many thanks for your help,

PS: I'd like to know if it's my laptop that is completely b0rked! :-D

--
Arnaud Vandyck
http://fosdem.org/     Free and Open Source Developers' European Meeting