[kaffe] Newbie : SecurityException problems

Archaiesteron archaiesteron at laposte.net
Sun Mar 27 11:43:58 PST 2005

Hi, I use kaffe for the very first time ; I can run some "hello world"
programs with no problem, but if I want to run a huge project, I get
a security exception. I have to tell that my CLASSPATH is (for the moment)
set to the Sun rt.jar etc. This is because I use Swing, and other features.
The program (a jar archive) is known to work with the Sun JDK / JRE. But
with kaffe, I get :

$ kaffe -jar Hemicycle.jar

java.lang.SecurityException: Prohibited package:
java/awt/DefaultKeyboardFocusManager
   at javax.swing.UIManager.maybeInitialize (UIManager.java:1164)
   at javax.swing.UIManager.getUI (UIManager.java:775)
   at javax.swing.JPanel.updateUI (JPanel.java:104)
   at javax.swing.JPanel.<init> (JPanel.java:64)
   at javax.swing.JPanel.<init> (JPanel.java:87)
   at javax.swing.JPanel.<init> (JPanel.java:95)
   at javax.swing.JRootPane.createGlassPane (JRootPane.java:480)
   at javax.swing.JRootPane.<init> (JRootPane.java:311)
   at javax.swing.JWindow.createRootPane (JWindow.java:233)
   at javax.swing.JWindow.windowInit (JWindow.java:224)
   at javax.swing.JWindow.<init> (JWindow.java:161)
   at javax.swing.JWindow.<init> (JWindow.java:112)
   at baruchel.hemicycle.Hemicycle.main (Hemicycle.java:631)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke0 (Method.java)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Method.java:255)
   at kaffe.jar.ExecJarName.main (ExecJarName.java:67)
   at kaffe.jar.ExecJar.main (ExecJar.java:75)

What can I do ? I can mention that if I have to allow everything to do
everything
on my system, there is no problem for that ; I don't use java as a
"user" with my
browser, etc. I only have to write some code, and test it before sending
it to
the final user ; I would like to use Kaffe, but how can I run my program ?

Regards,