[kaffe] Error using kaffe-1.0.b2-2.i386.rpm: error while loading shared libraries

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Mon May 2 07:00:23 PDT 2005

Frederic Kwiatkowski wrote:
> Hi all
>
> i'm actually triying to use kaffe-1.0.b2-2.i386.rpm founded on the
> kaffe.org's ftp but when i launch it, after having installed it, i
> have the following error:
> [root at StageIup bin]# java
> /home/katolecho/kaffe/usr/bin/Kaffe: error while loading shared
> libraries: libgmp.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file
> or directory
>
> does someone where can i found this librairie and what is its utility
> in Kaffe execution?

Hi Frederic,

gmp is the (excellent) GNU MP library. See http://www.swox.com/gmp/ for
its details.

In any case, if you want to install Kaffe from an RPM instead of
building it from source, I'd suggest using the latest RPM from
JPackage.org, who coincidentally package a lot of nice free software
written in the Java programming language in RPM format. See
http://www.jpackage.org/rpm.php?id=2425 for the Kaffe 1.1.5 RPM's details.