[kaffe] First kaffe execution

Michael Koch konqueror at gmx.de
Fri May 6 02:58:49 PDT 2005

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 12:18:55PM +0200, kentropy wrote:
> Hi
> I am definitely newbie about Java and Kaffe (I usually program in C++)
> I don't know how to launch a test  application that works fine under Windows
> with Sun Java
>
> I am calling this:
> /usr/local/kaffe/bin/java -jar APP.jar -jar ../JavaLIB_S.jar  Simulator
> and I get back this error
> No ``Main-Class'' found in manifest
>
> AFAIK into Simulator.class there is
> public class Simulator implements Runnable
>
> Where I'm wrong?

You are trying to execute some jar. What you want is to just put the needed jars
into your classpath and start the Simulator class:

/usr/local/kaffe/bin/java -classpath APP.jar:../JavaLIB_S.jar Simulator

This assumes the class Simulator is part of one of the named jars. If its a class
in the local directory just add ":." to the classpath.

Michael