[kaffe] Some problem with xprofiler

Jiangzhou He hejz03 at mails.tsinghua.edu.cn
Mon May 16 08:32:14 PDT 2005

Hi, all. I'm trying to do something with xprofiler on kaffe-1.1.5, but find
some problems.

I configured it by:
./configure --enable-debug --enable-xprofiling --with-staticvm
--with-staticlib --with-profiling
(The last four parameters are nacessary for xprofiler, which I learnt from
FAQ.xprofiler)
After that, I compiled and installed kaffe in the regular way.

I wrote a simple class to test xprofiler, that is HelloWorld:

import java.io.*;
import java.lang.*;

class HelloWorld {
    private static final int times = 10;
        for(int i = 0; i < times; i++)
            System.out.println("Hello world [ " + i + " ]");
    }
}

HelloWorld.class can run normally by kaffe without any parameter. But when I
run it with -Xxprof to start xprofiler, kaffe don't terminate after
executing main(), so I must press Ctrl+C to stop it manually. Only
kaffe-jit-symbols.s is generated by kaffe, but I can't find xgmon.out.

I want to know how to use xprofiler properly. Thank you!

Jiangzhou He