[kaffe] Access check in getInheritedMethodIndex

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Tue May 17 21:09:27 PDT 2005

Rei Odaira wrote:
> Hi,

> I found that an additional access check in getInheritedMethodIndex()
> would fix this bug; the current code does not examine whether methods
> in superclasses are accessible when building a dispatch table.

Konnichiwa Rei,

thank you very much for your bug report, the analysis and the bug fix!

> The problem here is that I cannot figure out which of the functions
> should be used: checkMethodAccess() or checkAccess().

looking at the documentation in kaffe/kaffevm/acces.h I believe
checkMethodAccess() is to be used. I've ran all regression tests and
mauve on kaffe patched in such way, and it passes an additional
reflection test invoking inherited methods.