[kaffe] paint and repaint ...

Gianluca Moro giangiammy at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 06:40:24 PST 2005

sorry for the probably dumb question:
I have a small example that draws a rect
in a paint method of the canvas.

based on an event I redraw the rect with a
different color (with a call to fillRect).

Then i call repaint with the including modified
area to avoid flickering while updating.

The update is correct with java from
j2sdk1.4.2_06, while in kaffe 1.1.6 with
Tiny-X on a MIPS machine, the windows is cleared
and only the modified rectangle is drawn: seems
that repaint clear all the window and repaint only the
requested rectangle: should not it clear only
the requested rectangle?

thanks
giammy