[kaffe] kaffe awt and thread management on MIPS

Gianluca Moro giangiammy at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 3 01:59:47 PDT 2005

>   Recently, I am working on JIT and XScale series, and I have
> commited
> some Nano-X related fixes into cvs repository. Could you please take
> it
> a try with cvs head? However, thank you for sending and sharing the
> which is another great platform Kaffe should support.

Hi Jim,

I found some problems with the last version of Kaffe
(1.1.6), in particular, the problem I found was:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
   at java.awt.Toolkit.fntInitFont (Toolkit.java:native)

Looking at the code, it seems that the function which initializa
the fonts return an id (an integer, i think) while the nativeData
field is declared as Pointer.

I think that this gives the exception.

I checked kaffe-1.1.5 and I saw tha nativeData was declared as Ptr:
compiling kaffe-1.1.5 and following the same steps I followed for
1.1.6,
I got a runnable kaffe which gave no exceptions.

I'll check, as soon as I get a working kaffe, the CVS head,
but I think I'll need to change the Pointer
declaration to test it :-(

Anyway, thans so far for kaffe team support
bye
giammy

--
Gianluca Moro             Visit  http://ilpinguino.altervista.org/