[kaffe] kaffe + nano-X + MIPS

Gianluca Moro giangiammy at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 4 03:41:33 PDT 2005

Hi all,

As you (probably) remmember I'm porting kaffe on a
MIPS platform with Nano-X.

PROBLEM 1:
I was stunned as the java windows frame was shown,
but the contents were missing.
The problem, as pinted out Dalibor, was caused by
the parameter passing on MIPS platform.
I compiled the libffi library and compiled kaffe
with --with-libffi and the problem was solved.

PROBLEM 2:
I draw lines, rectangles, but not arcs!!!
The problem was with the differents meaning in
the GrArcAngle and java drawArc function:
the conclusion was that, in file

libraries/clib/awt/nano-X/graphics.c

I replaced all occurences of GrArcAngle with
GMY_GrArcAngle, and added the following define:

#define GMY_GrArcAngle(id,gc,x,y,rx,ry,a1,a2,t)
GrArcAngle(id,gc,(x)+(rx)/2,(y)+(ry)/2,(rx)/2,(ry)/2,a1,(a1)+(a2),t)

Nano-X x,y is the center of the arc, while java x,y
is the upper left point of the rectangle including the elipse
containing the arc (desumed running vaious examples on PC)

hope this helps,

Now I ocntinue with the tests

giammy

--