[kaffe] Native library libnull.so

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Wed Oct 19 13:01:06 PDT 2005

Gianluca Moro wrote:

> /usr/local/kaffe/bin/kaffe
> -Xbootclasspath/p:/home/AMDgiammy/kaffe-1.1.6/kaffeawt.jar HelloWorld
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Native library `null' not found (as
> file `libnull.so' in class loader null) in
> gnu.classpath.boot.library.path and java.library.path
> `[/usr/local/kaffe/jre/lib/mips/, /usr/local/kaffe/lib/,
> /usr/local/lib/]'

The code in
libraries/javalib/awt-implementations/kaffe/java/awt/Toolkit.java looks
like this:

static {
         final String AWT_NATIVE_LIBRARY =
System.getProperty("kaffe.awt.nativelib");
         System.loadLibrary(AWT_NATIVE_LIBRARY);

The idea is to check a proprty that tells Kaffe which native library to
load for the native implementation of the AWT code. In your case, I
guess, you'd need to add -Dkaffe.awt.nativelib=xawt (assuming that's
what you compiled against) to your command line invocation. You should
also get the same result by just using

kaffe -Xkaffe-xlib-awt HelloWorld

see the -Xkaffe-*-awt parameter handling code in kaffe/kaffe/main.c.