[kaffe] 1.1.6-pre1

Adam Heath doogie at brainfood.com
Sat Sep 17 17:39:38 PDT 2005

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005, Dalibor Topic wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've uploaded a 1.1.6 pre1 tarball at
> http://www.kaffe.org/~robilad/kaffe-1.1.6-pre1.tar.gz
>
> please give it a beating, and report build errors, send patches, warning
> fixes, etc.
>
> It works for me(TM) on x86-linux good enough for make distcheck ;)
>
> I'll try it out on HPs TestDrive meanwhile, and ask for an upload into
> experimental distribution on debian.

As Dalibor and I have discussed on irc, and has been discussed here
previously, we'd also like to take this time to switch from cvs to svn.

Currently, access to kaffe's cvs is done with a ssh account.  This will also
be the same way svn access is done.  However, instead of each developer having
their own account on the server, there will be a single shared account.  Use
of ssh keys, and command="" in $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys, will facilitate
checkins.

However, we understand that some people may have their changes checked in.  If
so, speak up now; you'll only have a little time to get them in, both
before the conversion, and before a kaffe release.

One thing that switch to svn will allow kaffe developers to do, is make use of
svk.  A simple explanation for svk is an offline distributed wrapper for svn.
You can maintain a local mirror of a remote svn repository, committing changes
locally, then when ready, sync with the upstream repository.  It also includes
support for smart merging(smerge).

Stayed tuned, as more details will follow.