[kaffe] kaffe 1.1.6-pre2 on darwin8

Antoine Reilles tonio at NetBSD.org
Mon Sep 19 07:08:52 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying kaffe 1.1.6-pre2 on darwin8 (mac osx tiger).
Kaffe builds fine, with kaffe-gc and engine=intrp, but make check
gives very bad results:

I could only get
HelloWorldApp.class.save,
TestFloatDouble.java,
CatchLimits.class.save,
SerializationCompatibility.java
and CharCvt.java
test to pass before my machine has a hard time handling 6Gigs of core
files

This happens with limits:

$ limit                             /usr/pkgsrc/wip/kaffe/work/
kaffe-1.1.6-pre2
cputime         unlimited
filesize        0kB
datasize        unlimited
stacksize       64MB
coredumpsize    unlimited
addressspace    unlimited
memorylocked    unlimited
maxproc         532
descriptors     unlimited

That's the best i can get with unlimit on this machine

The *.fail results i get contains:
Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
java/lang/StackOverflowError
This error may occur because the stack size is not sufficient.
Try to increase the stack size using 'ulimit -s' or with the '-ss'
option on kaffe.

Have you ever seen more tests pass on darwin8 ?

Best regards,
antoine