[kaffe] problem starting kaffe with Nano-X - AWT

Gianluca Moro giangiammy at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 28 02:19:56 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm  testing kaffe with an AWT application
using Nano-X: in my previous mail I described
the problem (a demo application, opening a window,
show the exepected output window just sometimes)

I'm  trying to trace the problem, printing somemessages:
whne the window is not shown the progam calls only
Java_java_awt_Toolkit_tlkInit, and then i see no more messages.

When the window appear correctly, I see

# /usr/local/kaffe/bin/kaffe -Dkaffe.awt.nativelib=nanoxawt
-Xbootclasspath/p:/home/AMDgiammy/kaffe-1.1.5/kaffeawt.jar Hello
Java_java_awt_Toolkit_tlkInit: open graphics OK
window.c: Java_java_awt_Toolkit_wndCreateFrame...
window.c: Java_java_awt_Toolkit_wndCreateFrame... wid =! NULL
window.c: Java_java_awt_Toolkit_wndCreateFrame... OK
create wid=0x2 4 24 492 472
window.c: Java_java_awt_Toolkit_wndSetVisible...
window.c: Java_java_awt_Toolkit_wndSetVisible...SHOW OK

that is the Nano-X environment is initialized, and the
window is created and set visible.

It seems to me that NAno-X is Ok; the problem is that kaffe
do not call the wndCreateFrame function (and the following
functions).

which are the steps from tlkInit and wndCreateFrame?
where does kaffe get lost?

If I discover something, I'll let you know

thanks
giammy

--
Gianluca Moro             Visit  http://ilpinguino.altervista.org/