[kaffe] AIX, PPC and endianness isues

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem at kaffe.org
Thu Apr 6 10:23:22 PDT 2006

Dalibor Topic wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 09:29 +0200, Riccardo wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I was trying to compile kaffe on AIX 4.2 with gcc on PowerPC. The setup
>>is similar to the one I used at home where I experienced also
>>endianness issues which I fixed at the time, I did not check if
>>classpath "lost" my fixes, if they were never commited.
>

> Hi Riccardo,
>
> could you file a bug report about that in the Classpath bug tracker, and
> attach your patch there? Chances are it was lost during the big merge,
> when we switched to using the pure upstream code.
>
> cheers,
> dalibor topic

Hi Riccardo & Dalibor,

Yes. It's probably linked to my old patch which was removing everything
in one of the config files of fdlibm except the autoconf macros. It was
not advised to do so by Tom Tromey as some architectures have weird
endianness combinations... so maybe we should have a better patch here.

Cheers,

Guilhem.