[kaffe] Adding an extra field to the struct Hjava_lang_Object

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Wed Apr 19 15:26:15 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 21:33 +0300, Tayfun Elmas wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Tayfun,

> I am conducting a academic research project using Kaffe and want to add
> an extra field, particularly a pointer to some struct type, into the
> struct Hjava_labg_Object.

Cool. What are you doing research on, if I may ask? I'm curious ;)

> However, in the filr Hjava_lang_Object.h,
> there is only the template of the struct type and it says the real
> version is created by Kaffeh.

Yes. The real version of the file is created in the
$builddir/include/java_lang_Object.h file when you build Kaffe using the
make command.

> Is there any way to insert the field into
> the structure by modifying some file?

You could modify the java file
libraries/javalib/external/classpath/java/lang/Object.java , and add a
field there. Such a field should then show up in the generated headers
as well.