[kaffe] NullPointerException in classpath/gnu/java/awt/peer/gtk/GtkImage.java

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Wed Apr 19 18:41:24 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 13:46 +0200, Jesper Larsen wrote:
> Hi
>
> When running Kaffe 1.1.7 on PowerPC I get the following error when
> trying to run the classpath Swing demo:

Thank you for the bug report, Jasper. I've just updated my ppc-linux box
to latest Debian testing, so I'll give it a go tomorrow to see if I can
reproduce it. What was your ./configure line?

> The demo runs fine on my x86 machine, so I guess there's a problem with
> kaffe, not classpath.

That would be possible.

> I've been trying to find out why the exception is thrown, without any luck.
> Kaffe was compiled with GTK 2.8.16 and X.org X11R7.0.
> The X server is running on my x86 machine.
>
> Any hints to go on?

Does the problem occur with CVS head as well?

Kaffe's CVS head contains a pretty current snapshot of GNU Classpath
(last Friday) so it's ~3-4 weeks more up to date than the native gui
code in 1.1.7.