[kaffe] Runtime race checking in Kaffe

TAYFUN ELMAS TELMAS at KU.EDU.TR
Wed Apr 26 16:16:10 PDT 2006

Hi,

I had asked a question about adding an extra field in Hjava_lang_Object structure. The answer helped very much, thanks :)

In addition the subject of the research project was asked. Sorry for this late answer. I have been implementing a runtime race checking algorithm in Kaffe. Now I have a running implementation that can detect race conditions precisely and efficiently. And I am working on improving its performance more. I can not give details for the project as it has not been published yet, but I will give further information on the results as soon as possible. Kaffe helped me very much in the implementation (I could not even compile Sun's Hotspot JVM). Thanks for all your help.

PS: I would like to add the last version of the implementation in the main branch of Kaffe, if possible (after the work is published).

Sincerely.

Tayfun

Tayfun Elmas

Graduate Assistant