[kaffe] irix failures

Riccardo riccardo at kaffe.org
Sat Apr 29 06:55:19 PDT 2006

Hi,

I run a native build on my faithful SGI indigo2 using the gcc 2.95 .2
compiler and jikes (yes, sadly this remains one of the few box wher I
have enough ram to build everything, the other will suffer from less
frequent testing since first I need to build a glibj.zip and copy it
over [*])

Only intrp is functional.

JTHREADS:
5 failures
ExceptionInInitializerTest.fail  ShutdownHookTest.fail
GCTest.fail                      SoTimeout.fail
Preempt.fail

cat ExceptionInInitializerTest.fail
Static initializer test
Running static initializer of Throw
Failure due to timeout, exiting

others are timeouts too (well we know our intrp is slow)

preempt.fail is an empty file.

and I don't get what is wrong with this:
cat ShutdownHookTest.fail
Exiting
Exiting again...
Hook 0 started
Hook 1 started
Normal exit

PTHREADS:
unfortunately these are in considerably worse state:
12 failures
CatchDeath.fail                  ProcessClassStop.fail
ClassGC.fail                     ProcessTest.fail
ExceptionInInitializerTest.fail  RefTest.fail
GCTest.fail                      SecureRandomTest.fail
Preempt.fail                     ShutdownHookTest.fail
ProcessClassInst.fail            SoTimeout.fail

I have never seen these:
cat ProcessClassInst.fail
tan java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Base
sorry, you timed out
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Base

cat ProcessClassStop.fail
tan java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Base
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Base
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke0 (Method.java:native)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Method.java:525)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance (Constructor.java:331)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance (Class.java:1145)
    at ProcessClassStop.main (ProcessClassStop.java:74)
sorry, you timed out
Timeout - 300 seconds - killed
Still alive 5 seconds after SIGTERM - SIGKILL sent)

Guilhel, Dalibor, help :)

Cheers,
   Riccardo
--
[*] unless of course someone splits the build of classpath in a couple
of pieces so that jikes doesn't suck up all memory everytime. One of