[kaffe] bug report,Help!

kingjs_2006 kingjs_2006 at sohu.com
Sun Dec 10 08:05:37 PST 2006

dear developers:
    I downloaded kaffe-1.1.7 and kaffe-1.1.6 from www.kaffe.org
    There was no error through compiling process.
    I got a "segmentation fault" when I tried to run the simplest "Hello World" program.
    I core dumped but it didn't work, I got the error message below:

This GDB was configured as
"i386-redhat-linux-gnu"..."/home/IntelJava/TestJVM/kaffe/bin/kaffe": not
in executable format: File format not recognized

Reading symbols from shared object read from target memory...(no
debugging symbols found)...done.
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
Loaded system supplied DSO at 0x51f000
Core was generated by `/home/IntelJava/TestJVM/kaffe/jre/bin/kaffe-bin
HelloWorld'.
#0  0x00797721 in ?? ()

    I'm using fedora core 5 Linux, with
    kernel2.6.15-1.2054_FC5  gcc-4.1.0, gdb6.3.0.0 , glibc-2.4-4 jikes-1.22

    See the HelloWorld.class in attachment
    Any Suggestion?

    Best Regards

                                                                                                                JS.King