[kaffe] Bug Report: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: JBenchmark/JBenchmark.a Ljavax/microedition/lcdui/Command;

Alexander.Fried at comneon.com Alexander.Fried at comneon.com
Wed Jan 4 06:53:34 PST 2006

Hi,

got a "java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: JBenchmark/JBenchmark.a
Ljavax/microedition/lcdui/Command;" error message when trying to run
kaffe with the microemulator (http://www.barteo.net/microemulator/) and
the JBenchmark 1.0 (http://jbenchmark.com/download.jsp).

It worked fine with both Sun's vm and sablevm, but, quite interestingly,
I got the same error message with jamvm.

Started the emulator as follows:
kaffe -cp jbenchmark/JBenchmark.jar:target/me-app.jar
com.barteo.emulator.app.Main JBenchmark.JBenchmark

Detailed Error Message:
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: JBenchmark/JBenchmark.a
Ljavax/microedition/lcdui/Command;
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke0 (Method.java:native)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Method.java:255)
   at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance (Constructor.java:90)
   at java.lang.Class.newInstance (Class.java:1143)
   at com.barteo.emulator.app.Common.loadMidlet (Common.java:148)
   at com.barteo.emulator.app.Main.main (Main.java:465)

I used Kaffe 1.1.6 under Sarge.

Best regards,
Alexander