[kaffe] Re: Things to do for 1.1.7

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Wed Jan 4 20:22:37 PST 2006

Dalibor Topic wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 01:12:08AM +0900, Ito Kazumitsu wrote:
>
>>Hi Dalibor,
>>
>>From: Dalibor Topic <robilad at kaffe.org>
>>Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 16:40:29 +0100
>>

>>>I've seen that Ito has been working on improving the XML code in GNU
>>>Classpath, so it would be good to know if there should be another merge
>>>with GNU Classpath's code before the release candidate.
>>
>>The big change in XML code in GNU Classpath is that the default
>>SAX parser package has changed from gnu.xml.aelfred2 to
>>gnu.xml.stream.  It seems that the latter is more actively
>>maintained.
>>
>>So another merge with GNU Classpath's code is desirable.
>

> Thanks for the fast reply, Ito. I'll do another merge.

Merge completed. There has been a new VM interface introduced for
gnu/java/net/Plain*Socket in GNU Classpath, but as we are currently
using our own copy of the files in libraries/javalib/vmspecific, there
should be no need to delay the RC until Kaffe's implementation is updated.

That leaves me with the task to add information on using
--with-system-zlib, update configure.ac to add the options from gnu
classpath, and to make sure make distcheck really works before a release
candidate.