[kaffe] How to change the default compiler from kjc to others

ktlam at cs.hku.hk ktlam at cs.hku.hk
Tue Jan 10 09:08:54 PST 2006

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Well, the reason is I am working on a project to make a kaffe-1.0.6-based JVM
called Jessica2 to be able to support Tomcat and Axis. But the source base for
1.0.6 and the current version differ too much.

I hit the error of unable to compile class for JSP due to Cannot find
method "getProtectionDomain()" when running happyaxis.jsp.

I see this method in Classloader.java in later Kaffe version (e.g. 1.1.4) java
library.

Do you think this can be fixed by porting a later version of Classloader.java
as well as the java.security.* things? I am not sure if the kjc compiler will
refer to the kaffe's java library for compilation of JSP. Or it's due to
missing method in kjc internal. Do you think changing to another compiler can
solve this?

Also, later version has used rt.jar instead of Klasses.jar.
This makes the porting difficult.

I wish to ask during kaffe install, will Klasses.jar be re-created using
source or just moved out the pre-compiled jar file. If the later, then I can
create a new pre-compiled one and no need to change the make.in etc setting.

Much Thanks for Help.

King Tin