[kaffe] 1.1.7-rc1

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Wed Jan 18 06:26:31 PST 2006

Hi Dalibor,

>Please give it a try on the platforms you're intertested in,
>and report back how well it works, or doesn't for you.

Thanks to make Release Candidate.
I am now checking this with several different CPU/OS right now.
(As you know, some machines take long long time to do that ;->)

But, before telling some result of these old machine, I noticed latest
version does not work for cross compiling environment. The reason is
missing configure flag, which can not be tested for cross environment.

The flag is
    ac_cv_file__proc_self_maps
and I plan to add this for config.frag files tomorrow. Since I don't
have enough infomation for each CPU/OS whether proc maps are supported,
I just put this to be 'yes' for all OS. This is just for make cross
compilation work, and if someone find this is not adequate, please fix
for the specific port.

Kiyo
P.S. And maybe, I will update 'FAQ.cross-compiling' for 'rt.jar' etc...