[kaffe] Kaffe + SWT

Lars Eriksen downgrade at gmx.org
Thu Jul 6 01:34:34 PDT 2006

Hello!

Is it possible to create stripped down Java GUI applications with Kaffe
for the Win32 platform?

Tools like Excelsior JET or Remotesoft Salamander create rather large
executables, since they are legally required to include the whole
underlying framework.

It seems to be different with Kaffe - it's open source and is in no way
legally connected with Sun. I wouldn't mind using an embedded virtual
machine instead of a natively compiled executable, nor to create
non-Java-standard compliant applications (it seems Kaffe is not 100%
compatible).

I switched from C++ to C# and have learned to love clean, modern
programming languages, yet wished it was possible to develop them
without a giant framework.

So is it possible at all? And if so, what are the executable sizes one
can expect?

Thank you.