[kaffe] Re: CVS kaffe (robilad): resynced with gnu classpath (Mozilla plugin)

Alan Eliasen eliasen at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 1 00:46:49 PDT 2006

Dalibor Topic wrote:
> A new dependency has been introduced for the appletviewer, which uses
> Mozilla's libraries. That may trip up the build for people who don't
> have mozilla development packages installed, so in that case please add
> --disable-plugin to your configure line.

   Can we add information about this to "configure --help" ?  I had to
dig through the mailing list archives to find this information.

   Since most people won't be building a plugin (since it's not complete
and insecure still,) can we make --disable-plugin the default?

   It would be safer to prevent people from building the plugin unless
they know what they're doing, and until it's marginally secure.

--
  Alan Eliasen                 |  "When trouble is solved before it
  eliasen at mindspring.com       |    forms, who calls that clever?"