[kaffe] ppc: mouse keyboard problems with kaffe 1.1.7rc1

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Mar 7 03:13:08 PST 2006

I have tried kaffe 1.1.7rc1 (experimental packages from Debian)
on PowerPC and found out that mouse and keyboard events are not working
properly.

I expect this to be a big endian related problem of gtk-peer
and would welcome confirmations.

I am attaching a test application which always gives me
23 or 24 in the getY() method, also the button numbers switch around.
Interesting enough getX() reports the right values.
Other tests reveal that keyboard events are also not transported.

When using -Xkaffe-xlib-awt, it works as expected.
Can someone confirm the problem on ppc?

As this is my first report, I did not directly go do the bugzilla
of kaffe or classpath.

Bernhard