[kaffe] Re: money, money, money, and Freedom

Philippe Laporte philippe.laporte at gatespacetelematics.com
Thu Mar 9 00:22:44 PST 2006

Hej,
      I thought I'd share my own personal Software Developer Manifesto:

In order of importance, I care about:

- Perfect software. The kind that Peter Mehlitz would put on the Mars Rover

- Freedom. The freedom to carry my skills and experience from one
workplace to another

- Getting rich. Be honest. Personaly, I wanna get rich so I can save the
oppressed, but the nobility of the reason is relatively important

- Getting famous. That's only because my self-esteem is not high enough yet

When Nokia comes around soon and wants to put Java on a device, they'll
care about the licensing.

Get the story straight! How many arbitrary parameters can there be?

And I will again argue that we should focus efforts so as to best
compete with the people who have money first in that list up there.

And let's spread some loooooove. We are all great!

Have a nice day,

--
Philippe Laporte
Software