[kaffe] ppc: mouse keyboard problems with kaffe 1.1.7rc1

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Sat Mar 11 04:50:09 PST 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 13:12 +0100, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Am Freitag, 10. März 2006 10:54 schrieb Dalibor Topic:
>
> > I'll be able to confirm if the bug is stil there on CVS head tonight on
> > my ppc-linux box. There have been numerous fixes in CVS head's AWT
> > implementation thanks to the GNU Classpath hackers' work.
>
> Hi Dalibor,
> yes, I saw many merges, but it was hard for me to decide if this would be
> worth testing.

It was. It turns out that GNU Classpath has a bug that prevents any
events from being shown. I'll file your test case in the Classpath bug
tracker and CC: you on it. Once that regression is resolved, we can see
if the event passing bug on ppc-linux still exists.

> This brings me to the question: How far away is 1.1.7? I know that the Debian
> maintainers are currently waiting with their Sarge backport until it is
> out. ;)

There will be a rc2 today or in worst case tomorrow. I am going through
the bug reports and fixing a few of the remaining build issues.

After a rc2, we'll spend a week waiting for the debian buildds to catch
up and expose any major issues, and see if we get bug reports about
problems that were overseen. As usual between Kaffe releases, a lot has
changed in the past 6 months ;)