[kaffe] Re: Jato

Philippe Laporte philippe.laporte at gatespacetelematics.com
Mon Mar 13 06:49:25 PST 2006

 From kaffe.org

"JIT4 (implemented in Transvirtual's version of Kaffe)

Mike Chen has put online the paper he presented at the JVM 2002
conference <http://www.usenix.org/events/jvm02/> entitled "Targeting
Dynamic Compilation for Embedded Systems"
<http://www-hydra.stanford.edu/publications.shtml>, which is a new JIT
which he implemented on Transvirtual's internal version of Kaffe (which
was released under the GPL as part of PocketLinux). It's definitely
worth a read, especially if you are into compilers. I'd love to see
"jit4" integrated into a future release of Kaffe."

This is available at least in the following package:

http://www.kaffe.org/ftp/pub/packages/pocketlinux/XOE_1.0.tgz

Philippe Laporte
Software

Gatespace Telematics