[kaffe] How to make all the regression test under kaffe source?

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Tue Mar 14 02:45:00 PST 2006

kang shuo wrote:
> Now I did a kaffe porting  for blackfin processor.

Great!

> I like to get your
> help about how to test my porting ? I can not find any information about
> how to build all the test in test/regression/ directory.

make check

will do the job. It will build and run the tests, and save their
expected results into TestName.out files, and eventual failing output
into TestName.fail.

You can run single tests as well, using make check
TESTS="HelloWorldApp.java" for example. You can also run the tests in a
more verbose mode to see the commands executed using make check VERBOSE=1.

Finally, if you are looking for a lot of good tests, see the Mauve
project at http://sources.redhat.com/mauve/ . Those tests check class
library functionality, they are all rather small, and should be of good
help to see if your port runs into problems with, for example, class
library native code.