[kaffe] JNI Memory leak

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem at kaffe.org
Wed Mar 15 13:32:23 PST 2006

Hi Fernando,

ExceptionOccured() returns a reference to the exception object. The
object is pushed on the local reference table (as do some other VM,
which is logical as it is a reference). You should use ExceptionCheck
instead: it returns a boolean which is true if an exception occured and
no reference is added in the table. I know that Sun's JVM has a pretty
large local reference table but it is referenced in the official
documentation that the table by default should have a size of 16. The
table can be dynamically growed using EnsureLocalCapacity.

Regards,

Guilhem.