[kaffe] 1.1.7 rc2 out, give it a go

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Fri Mar 24 18:17:41 PST 2006

Hi team,

it dragged on way too long after rc1 without a rc2, so here we are, back
in the release frenzy. 1.1.7 is going out on Sunday evening.

Since rc1 a lot of bugs were fixed, there is a new GNU Classpath release
(0.90) merged in, and among other things Cygwin now works again[1].
There is a new blackfin port, and various fixes for bugs reported to the
bug tracker[2] have been made. The majority of build issues we had
during the transition to use fastjar, embedded zip and merged in gnu
classpath should be fixed now.

You can find the tarball at

http://www.kaffe.org/~robilad/kaffe-1.1.7-rc2.tar.gz

[1] Using --disable-shared --without-pic at configure time
[2] http://www.kaffe.org/bugzilla/