[kaffe] KAFFE_DEBUG set but doesn't enter into gdb

ktlam at cs.hku.hk ktlam at cs.hku.hk
Sun Mar 26 07:18:25 PST 2006

Dear all,

I want to debug kaffe. When I export KAFFE_DEBUG=gdb at command line and run
my application script (in fact tomcat), it doesn't work.
Although it shows the following:

This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux-gnu"...Using host libthread_db
library "/lib/tls/libthread_db.so.1".

(gdb)

when I type 'r' to run, it prompts "command not found" and I think it hasn't
really entered into gdb and stayed in the shell.

I see the kaffe script in bin. It uses 'exec' which seems will not bring up a
new process and just replace the program my telnet process is running. So
should be no problem. Do you know what's wrong with me? Is this related to the
underlying Linux platform?

Thanks a lot for attention.

Tin