[kaffe] Kaffe 1.1.7 "Development" Release available for download
jim at kaffe.org
Mon Mar 27 07:50:40 PST 2006
I've made the 1.1.7 release of Kaffe available for download at:
Kaffe is distributed in source code form only. You can find the
source in the .tar.gz, .tar.bz and .zip files.
Kaffe is a clean room implementation of the Java virtual machine, plus
the associated class libraries needed to provide a Java runtime
environment. The Kaffe virtual machine is free software, licensed under
the terms of the GNU General Public License.
Much thanks goes to Dalibor Topic for running the project and putting
this release together!
This release of Kaffe is a "development" release. It has been tested,
but not as thoroughly as a production release would be.
Check the website at http://kaffe.org/ for information on the mailing
list, irc channel, bug tracker, etc.
What's New In Kaffe 1.1.7
* Many cleanups, warning fixes and bug fixes.
* Removed support for class library profiles, since
--with-glibj-zip offers a more convenient replacement.
* Updated to boehm-gc 6.6
* Updated to gjdoc 0.7.7
* Merged in fastjar.
* Merged in zlib. There is a new configure option,
--with-system-zlib to allow the use of the system zlib,
instead of the merged in one.
* Merged in GNU Classpath completely. Updated to version 0.90,
with additional fixes.
* Merged in port to DROPS.
* Merged in port to Blackfin CPU.
* Support for DragonFly BSD.
* Ported to ia64-freebsd and alpha-freebsd.
* Ported to powerpc-openbsd.
* Improved support for Cygwin and sparc64-openbsd.
* Improved stack handling for pthreads on openbsd.
* Added simple direct threading interpreter implementation.
- Jim Pick
More information about the kaffe