[kaffe] Question??

Jim Pick jim at kaffe.org
Sat May 6 13:54:36 PDT 2006

Juan Felipe Botero wrote:
> I wanna know if the last version of kaffe is the same last version of
> the sun java virtual machine?

No.  The version numbers are independent.

The latest versions of Kaffe can run a lot (most?) of the things that
will run on JDK 1.4.  We currently don't have a comprehensive set of
testing results to document what works and what doesn't.  We're working
on that.  The best thing to do is to read the mailing lists.

Some areas have more people trying to do things with them than others,
so YMMV (your mileage may vary).  Because Kaffe and Classpath are
volunteer driven projects, if you find anything that doesn't work that
you think should have worked, please report it -- or even better, submit
a patch!  :-)

Cheers,

 - Jim