[kaffe] Re: Swing not working - JFrame never shown

Lennon Cook maguswizardo at gmail.com
Thu May 18 05:50:44 PDT 2006

Krzysztof Strasburger <strasbur at chkw386.ch.pwr.wroc.pl> wrote:
> You do not provide any details, but I couldn't compile 1.1.7 too.
> Jikes complained about "too many arguments" and failed to compile
> about a half of java code.
On my system, make tells me that it 'Needs an operator' at
libraries/javalib/Makefile line 1275 . This line reads 'export
JAVA_COMPILER'.

And, having forgotten and subsequently remembered that I had changed
my SwingTest somewhat from what I posted previously, and changed it
back, it turns out that Sun Java /does/ work as expected.

Given that I am apparently stuck on 1.1.7-rc1 for the time being,
could someone please check for this error on this release on some
other platform? It would be useful to know if this is a bug in this
version of kaffe which has subsequently been fixed, or specific to the
FreeBSD port, or some oddity on my system.

--
Lennon Victor Cook
"He who receives an idea from me receives without lessening, as he who