[kaffe] Enable kaffe for Firefox

Jim Pick jim at kaffe.org
Sun May 28 13:35:38 PDT 2006

Michael Koch wrote:
> On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 05:54:23PM -0700, Jim Pick wrote:
>> Correct.  It would be nice to see the integration happen anyways -
>> perhaps it could be enabled for only "trusted" sites.  And then maybe it
>> would motivate someone to complete the verifier and other security tasks.
>>
>> I believe that Firefox is dual-licensed under the GPL, so it should even
>> be possible to distribute a version of Firefox with Kaffe/Classpath
>> built in by default.  :-)
>
> When gcjwebplugin is merged from Classpath the base should be done for
> this.

Yes.  I should have mentioned that.  :-)

I'm concentrating on getting some build/test environments set up.

Hopefully we can get ourselves into a situation where we can build, test
and distribute binaries.  That should be quite a fun challenge,
especially given the number of possible target environments.

Firefox+gcjwebplug+Kaffe on Linux/*BSD/Mac/Windows would be a very
interesting thing to build.

Cheers,

 - Jim