[kaffe] Failure in make for 1.1.7

I. Thomas Cundiff tcundiff at eclipse.net
Sun Nov 26 08:37:38 PST 2006

Currently I am on an old REDHAT version of KAFFE: 1.0.6-2 and was hoping
to upgrade to 1.1.7.  As far as I could tell, the configure step ran
okay although some message about GCJ flashed by too rapidly for me to
tell that the problem was.  So I gave make but got an error that the F
command was not found.  So I re-ran make with > make.txt 2>&1 and have
attached both make.txt and config.log.  I went to the KAFFE Web Site and
discovered that 1.1.7 is a development release so may have to abandon
trying to install it.  But any help would be appreciated, for if you can
tell me what I should do, I am willing to try it to see if I can get
make to run successfully (I am retired so can afford to spend the time
needed).

Tom Cundiff