[kaffe] Generate configure file error.

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Mon Sep 11 00:49:33 PDT 2006

Hu Zheng wrote:

>I am going to add MiniGUI awt port to kaffe, so I need to regenerate the
>configure file, it show these warning:
>aclocal:configure.ac:307: warning: macro `AM_LC_MESSAGES' not found in
>library
>aclocal:configure.ac:2024: warning: macro `AM_PATH_ALSA' not found in
>library
>aclocal:configure.ac:2308: warning: macro `AM_BINRELOC' not found in
>library
>When ./configure, it report these errors:
>checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3
>./configure: line 3385: AX_CFLAGS_WARN_ALL: command not found
>./configure: line 3445: syntax error near unexpected token `-W'
>./configure: line 3445: `AX_CFLAGS_GCC_OPTION(-W)
>AX_CFLAGS_GCC_OPTION(-Wextra)'
>
>My os is ubuntu 6.06, automake (GNU automake) 1.9.6, autoconf (GNU
>Autoconf) 2.59.
>Any one know how to fix this? Thanks!

Hi Hu,

You need to get autoconf 2.59, automake 1.9.6, libtool 1.5.22, gettext
0.14.6, provided you're working with CVS head.
For best results, make sure that you get the original tarballs from
ftp.gnu.org/pub/ and install them in their own separate directory. I'm
using ~/autotools, for example.

Then running developers/autogen.sh should work. If you are not using CVS
head, you can find out the respective versions
of the autotools by looking at the developers/autogen.sh shell script.