[kaffe] Compilation problem on ARM

Hemanth Kumar ymmarm at yahoo.co.in
Tue Sep 5 21:29:49 PDT 2006

Hi All,

              I am new to kaffe and I am facing few problem during compiling kaffe,
              I am using ARM9 cpu , gcc-3.0.4,kaffe-1.1.7 , I will not use gtk or X11
              because it is console based embedded device,
              I am getting following error when i do
              ./configure --disable-gtk-peer --disable-gconf-peer

     configure: cannot find javac, try --with-gcj, --with-jikes, --with-kjc, --with-ecj, or --with-gcjx
 configure: error: /bin/sh './configure' failed for libraries/javalib/external/classpath

 i  have few questions :
 1) Is it neccessary to have jikes or gcj or g++, when i am compling kaffe
      for ARM arch

  or can some one point were i went wrong.

 Regards,
 armymm