[kaffe] Re: [Fwd: GNU Classpath 0.95 "Take Five" released]

Riccardo riccardo at kaffe.org
Mon Apr 23 13:59:02 PDT 2007

Hi,

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:00:46 +0200, Dalibor Topic <robilad at kaffe.org>
wrote:

> Alternatively, we could remove GNU Classpath from our tree, and require
> the user to build it first, and then build Kaffe using that version. I
> do not know if jikes can parse bytecode from compilers for Java 1.5, but
> that's the only way I'd see jikes support remaining available. That'd be
> my preferred option for 1.1.8, fwiw. :)

although on the long run we need to tackle 1.5 issues, I'd procrastinate
that to 1.1.9 and have 1.1.8 out with our current stuff, at the expense of
not having an up-to-date classpath.

Still, I don't know about jikes and kjc either. Do you think egcj would be
fast? how is it memory consumption? Is it maybe able to compile claspath
using split compilation? These could be intresting things to continue
native builds on our aging test platforms (that is - my boxen)

-Riccardo